Sunday, December 7, 2008
I awaken to the silence,
Softly it wraps around the world;
Dreams still float upon the air,
Not yet ready to loosen their memory.
Quietly I step outside,
The sleeping world unaware that I am there;
Above me the sky is still dark,
Stars still glimmer, but the moon is low.
All about me the air is hushed,
Breezes gently ruffle my hair; caress my cheek
First morning song of the lark gently wafts across the valley,
Seems for me she sings alone.
In the east there now is a faint luminescence,
A hint of pearly tones etch the edges of the tree crowned hills;
Strong and tall they await the coming,
Of a new day, filled with promise.
More light gently flows westward,
Now across the valley I see a vision;
The hills are wreathed in a living mist,
It moves, touches each thing in it's path.
The sky now is filled with glorious colors,
blue, cerise, lavender, the hues of dawn;
Mists slowly ebb backward into the forests,
Retreating, going home to await the night once again.
My prayers are now said,
Sage smoke still spirals to the heavens;
I touch the ground gently in a gesture of gratitude,
As Grandfather Sun now has risen over the hill tops.
The wispy mists now are gone,
No longer can they be seen anywhere;
Birdsong echoes from hillside to hillside,
The morning well greeted.
Day has come to Cherokee,
Peacefulness surrounds the Great Smokies;
Was it mist I truly saw,
Or was it old ones, keeping watch through the night?
- Native American Indian Books(Cherokee)
- A great place to get books about Cherokee
- Through the Eyes of a Cherokee
- Tree Of Life Guardianship
- Wolf Song of Alaska
- The Dakota-Lakota-Nakota Human Rights Advocacy
- Get Blogging Group
- Cherokee Women
- News.--- Indian Country news
- FRIENDS OF THE EARTH
- Support Native American Poetry -Art
- Yosemite Native American Indian life before 1900
- AMERICAN INDIAN HISTORY.-As told by American Indians
- Pine Ridge Reservation
- Cherokees Fact Sheets
- Cherokee Dreams.( a very lovely site)
- A beautiful site worth looking at..
- A Beautiful site of Cherokee poetry and things
- America IS a "Nation In Distress"
- The Cherokee Voice
- Native Circle ~
- One Nation, "walking Together"
- Native American Tribes of Ohio
- Walking the Red Road
- Cherokee of the Smoky Mountains
- Cherokee Indians - Tsalagi - Tsa-la-gi - Ani-yun-wiya - Anikituhwagi - Keetowah
- The Lone Wolf Band of Cherokee Indians-Indiana's Cherokee people
- Turtle Island (Lake Erie)
- Turtle island,"native indian teachings"
- Turtle Island Native network
- Bear Butte is a sacred site located in the Black Hills
- slide and video show of chiefs